English Weekly Challenge | Reading 4
Để giúp bạn đọc duy trì thói quen ôn tập đều đặn, series “Thử thách tiếng anh hằng tuần” này sẽ cập nhật các bài tập chuyên sâu về ba mảng kiến thức: Từ vựng, Ngữ pháp và Đọc hiểu vào mỗi tuần. Các nội dung thực hành được thiết kế và sắp xếp từ trình độ B1 trở lên, hướng tới phục vụ đa dạng nhóm học viên ở nhiều lứa tuổi, từ các bạn học sinh phổ thông cho đến người trưởng thành đi làm. Đây sẽ là công cụ bổ trợ tinh gọn giúp bạn củng cố lại kiến thức, kiểm tra năng lực hiện tại và từng bước nâng cao trình độ tiếng Anh một cách chủ động.
__________________________
Trong tuần này, chúng ta sẽ cùng thực hiện bài đọc và chọn các từ phù hợp vào chỗ trống
Clever birds
The wild birds known as ravens are thought to be very clever. In fact, they can solve some quite (1)…………….. problems, especially when they’re trying to get food. For example, one bird was filmed taking a box of nuts from a bird table and (2)…………….. it onto the ground, so that it would break and the bird could eat the nuts inside!
Scientists also (3)…………….. that the birds could actually use stones as tools to (4)…………….. out simple tasks. So in an experiment, they taught five birds to use a tool to open a box with food inside. The birds soon became very (5)…………….. at doing this. So for the next experiment, the birds were given a small (6)…………….. of tools to choose from. They always picked the tool that scientists had given them for the first task. And hours later, they could still remember which tool they’d used!
1 A expert B complicated C heavy D confused
2 A letting B falling C dropping D leaving
3 A noticed B advised C watched D studied
4 A take B carry C make D check
5 A experienced B intelligent C correct D keen
6 A group B total C amount D number
Answer
1 B 2 C 3 A 4 B 5 A 6 D
My city
Pop singer Charlotte Bond talks about living in London.
I live in the centre of London. I love it because there’s always something happening and there are people around whatever time it is. Famous people like it too – they often come here for the restaurants and shops.
I’ve lived here all my life. When I was little, I had singing lessons at a place near where I live now. I was afraid of the teacher at first, and some of the songs we did together were quite hard to learn. But she was good at what she did and I learned a lot of things that have helped me in my career.
When friends visit me now, I enjoy taking them sightseeing. You can get a bus around the city, but we prefer to walk. I’ve got a little car and I love driving, but there’s so much traffic here, and it’s hard to find parking spaces.
One building I love is the Natural History Museum. They sometimes hold parties there, and last December my band and I played at one. I’ll never forget it. When I go to exhibitions at the museum with my friends, I tell them all about that night and how amazing it was.
Soon I’ll be leaving London to go on tour with my band. We’re playing in lots of new cities and I can’t wait to explore them. We’ve sold lots of tickets, which is great. I’ll be away from my family for six months, but they’re coming to see me sing, so it’s fine.
1 What does Charlotte love about the centre of London?
A It is always busy.
B Famous people often visit.
C The shops are very good.
2 How does Charlotte feel about the singing lessons she had?
A She’s surprised she can remember them.
B She’s sorry she didn’t try harder.
C She’s glad she did them.
3 What does Charlotte think is the best way to see the city?
A by car
B on foot
C by bus
4 Why does Charlotte love the Natural History Museum?
A She had a special experience there.
B She thinks the building is beautiful.
C She enjoys visiting the exhibitions.
5 What does Charlotte say about going on tour with her band?
A She hopes lots of people will buy tickets for her shows.
B She feels excited about seeing new places.
C She’s worried she’ll miss her family.
Answer
1 A
2 C
3 B
4 A
5 B
.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment